Podcast: HappiLyfe – Flow your way to a healthy mind.
This past week, I had the pleasure of speaking with my dear friend, Juan Avila, on his HappiLyfe Huddle podcast. The HappiLyfe App is designed to empower individuals to lead happier, more balanced, and purposeful life. Utilizing ritual and wellness tools, reflection, a supportive community, and personal insights.
Link here to view the full interview.
In this interview, we discussed my background as a sport and performance mental conditioning coach and how yoga is transformative for assisting in creating a balanced and healthy mind and body.
Some of our touch points were:
- Building confidence in yourself as a whole person.
- Releasing other people’s expectations.
- Learning and growing towards gaining a solid foundation of trust in own capabilities.
- Yoga is a practice of discovering who you really are, what is most important to you, and what you are capable of.
- Some of yoga’s benefits are to help create calm under pressure and alleviate intense thoughts and feelings. Greater control over mental and emotional well-being.
- A breathing practice for calm, focus, and flow!
- Resources for finding yoga and mindfulness class that are low cost or even complimentary.
I hope you enjoy this conversation. It is important and timely as mental health issues are on the rise and we can all use a little understanding and knowledge of how to help ourselves and others.
Please reach out to someone you trust or contact me if you need assistance with any mental health concerns. I can direct you to the resources you need!